12.31.2009

This Holiday Season

We have had a WONDERFUL holiday! Dave and I spent the 17th to the 24th in Play De Carmen Mexico, on an all inclusive resort. The water was great, the weather was good and the company was magnificent. I will blog a little about the trip later. Unfortunately or forunately (whatever way you look at) we left McKay home with Grandma and Grandpa Grondel. He also got to spend some time with his aunts and uncles. We got home on Christmas eve and went to the Grondels house. I wish I had a picture of McKay's face when he first saw me. It was a combination of shock, astonishment and confusion. After about one full minute of starring he shrugged it off and went back to playing. We are forunate enough to live close to all our families. Christmas Eve we spent at the Grondel's playing games, reading the Christmas story and just enjoying being together. We decided this year we would just sleep in our own beds, plus we were super super tired from our trip. On Christmas morning we went back to the Grondel's and had breakfast. It was wonderful, my favorite: french toast, potatoes, bacon and sausage. We spent the morning opening presents, McKay had WAY TOO many!!! At first he was excited to open each one but got tired of it for the last few. After our adventures were through at the Grondel's we headed to the Daniels household. They had already opened their presents but they had a few for us and we for them. Then we ventured down to Grandma Price's house, it was really nice to see her and it was an enjoyable visit. We finished out the evening back at the Grondel's playing games, eating and visiting.
New Years we also spent at the Grondel's, we played a mini golf game, ate dinner and started a couple games. It was a really nice relaxing evening.
We spent the spare time playing games with the family.
When I think of the Holiday break it brings back a lot of really good memories. Not only because I love shopping, giving gifts, yummy treats, family, Christmas Lights, parties, Christmas music, & warm clothes. I love playing games, pretty much any type of game. We got to spend a few late nights this year playing games and I LOVED IT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at scrappinblogs.blogspot.com