1.21.2010

Snow.



On Tuesday, Dave wrecked our car! Yup. Our new Nissan, we have had it for a short eight months. Here is the story; Dave usually takes the Pathfinder to school and work because the car seat pretty much stays in the car and he wants me to drive the safer vehicle. But on Tuesday it was really snowy so I told him he should drive the car, because McKay and I weren’t going anywhere before he could stop on his was to work and trade. He was reluctant at first but finally agreed. I had a brief thought that he was going to get in a car accident so I firmly reminded him to drive careful because the roads were slick. He said “I always do,” and left. He got home a little later than normal but I really didn’t think anything of it. Then he tells me he wrecked the car, of course I didn’t believe him. Anyone who knows Dave knows that he is a story teller and a pretty good one too. So I asked a couple more times and his story stayed the same, he did in fact demolish the car. I say demolish but luckily he was not hurt and it was just a fender bender. He was in front of Weber and a pick-up was stopped at a light, Dave tried to stop and after he should have stopped; slide another 15-20 feet. When he realized he was sliding he checked both sides but he was stuck and had no where to go but into the truck. He honked his horn in a desperate attempt to get the truck to move so he wouldn’t hit it, but the truck didn’t budge. It is fixable and we should get it back in a week, Total damage: $2,100, good thing we have insurance!!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh man, that's no fun! I'm glad no one got hurt though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I complain about paying insurance all the time, but it's a great thing to have! Glad Dave is ok!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a small scratch. You could practically spit shine it out.

    ReplyDelete



I changed my font at scrappinblogs.blogspot.com