11.19.2009

How much longer must this go on?

I worked a grave shift last night and after class this morning I was beat and it didn't take me long to drift into a deep slumber. All the sudden Dave was shaking me apologizing for waking me from my much needed rest, but he had to show me something important. It was a letter from Weber state that he had just retrieved from the mailbox. I was still incoherent so I told him to open it. Reassuring himself I was ok with it he ripped it open. He began to read "We regret to imform you that due to your..." He looked at me with a grin. "Just kidding it says congratulations!" I have been accepted into the Weber State Bachelor of Science Nursing Program. I think I am one of those people that will continue to go to school for the rest of my life. You might be asking yourself, "I thought she was already an RN what will a Bachelor degree make her?' Well I will tell you. My title will not change I will still be an RN just one with higher education. With the bachelor degree more doors will be opened to me. My goal is to someday teach nursing and in order to do so one must have a Master's degree. So yes even after my year and a half in the Bachelor program I will apply for the Masters program. Yikes see what I mean about school forever! For now we will just take it one step at a time. Thanks for all the support from family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at scrappinblogs.blogspot.com